The apartment is located in the center of the Old Town of Kotor, in the palace of the Bizanti family, which has a long and established history. Apartment with a total area of 114 sq.m. From the apartment there is access to the attic, which has the same 114 square meters of area, and the use of the area is 50%. The basement is located under the terrace and has 5 sq.m.
The first parts of the Bisanti Palace, one of the most famous Kotor families, were built in the Romanesque style, but further reconstructions, expansions and restorations after devastating earthquakes led to the fact that today the exterior and interiors of the palace are a real architectural mix in which elements can be found various eras and trends. It is in this living history of architecture that the main value of this building lies.
The history of the Byzanti family has been associated with Kotor for several centuries, the surname was first mentioned in the 11th century. She was glorified by numerous navigators, writers, teachers and priests, for example, the poet George Byzanti, as well as an entire episcopal dynasty that ruled the local Catholic Church in 1524-1576 – Tryphon, Luke and Paul Byzanti.
The Bisanti Palace was first built in the 14th century. In 1641, its large-scale reconstruction was carried out, and after the earthquake of 1667 and the subsequent restoration, the appearance of the palace changed again, in particular, the northern wing was completed, on one of the surfaces of the eastern wall of which the date of construction of the building was stamped – 1674. This construction was associated with the name of Nikola Bisanti, a Kotor judge, as evidenced by the family coat of arms on one of the facades with his initials. Later, the palace began to grow to the south and even included in its composition the neighboring church of St. Nicholas, built in the 14th century for Kotor sailors – in its place in the 19th century a new 3-storey building of the palace was erected.